Single Family Residence Permits
- New Single Family Residence - Construction of a new home
- New Detached Garage - Construction of a new detached garage
Addition and Alteration
- Addition - Increase in floor area of an existing residence
- Major Renovation - Over 115% increase in floor area of an existing residence
- Porch (Screened or Open)/Covered Entry - Addition to entrance of an existing residence
- Interior Alteration - Change to the interior of an existing residence
- Kitchen or Bath Remodeling - If any structural change, see Interior Alteration
- Attic Finishing - If any structural change, see Interior Alteration
- Basement Finishing - If any structural change, see Interior Alteration
- Foundation Repair - Structural repair of an existing foundation
- Fire/Accident Repair - Rebuild after fire or accident damage
- Exterior Alteration - Change to exterior or roof of an existing residence (e.g. change roof slope or add dormers)
- Swimming Pool - New indoor swimming pool
Exterior / Yard
- Driveway Application - Remove / replace, reconfiguration or new driveway
- Patio Application - Remove / replace, reconfiguration or new patio
- Deck - Remove / replace, reconfiguration or new deck
- Shed/Gazebo - Accessory structure not attached to existing residence
- Fence/Dog Run - New fence or fence replacement
- Swimming Pool - New outdoor swimming pool
- Hot Tub/Spa - New outdoor hot tub or spa
- Lawn Sprinkler - Underground irrigation system
- Site Work - Change is site grading or installation of retaining wall, swale, basin, etc.
- Sport Court - Installation of recreational hardscape (e.g. basketball or tennis courts)
- Tree Removal - Removal of trees located on private property
- Demolition Permit - Demolition of an existing single family residential structure
- Demolition of Detached Garage - Demolition of a freestanding garage
- Demolition of Swimming Pool - Demolition of an inground swimming pool
Mechanical, Electric, Plumbing & Sewer
- Mechanical - New HVAC system to existing residence
- Furnace / AC Condenser Replacement
- Electrical - Electrical upgrades or installation of new wiring, outlets, etc.
- Generator - Backup power during an electricity outage
- Plumbing - Plumbing upgrades or installation of new fixtures, etc.
- Water Heater Replacement - Remove / replace electric, gas or tankless unit
- Water Service Upgrade - Conversion from lead to copper water supply
- Sewer Repair - Repair an existing sewer line
- Alternative Energy Source - Installation of solar panels, geothermal, etc.
Other Permit Types
- Elevator - Addition of or alteration to an elevator or lift system
- Fire Protection Systems - Requires separate permit submittal from projects shown above
- Overhead Sanitary Sewer & Private Property Drainage Cost Share Program - Information related to the Village’s 50/50 Cost Sharing Program
- Dumpster Permit - Required when work being performed is not affiliated with a building permit.
- Permit Application - General permit application for scopes of work in which it may apply.
To inquire about whether your project will require a permit or for questions regarding these permit types, please contact the Development and Planning Services Department at 847-664-4050.