- Licenses & Permits
- Building Permits
- Single Family Residence Permits
- Porch (Screened or Open)/Covered Entry
Porch (Screened or Open)/Covered Entry
AdditionWhen the location of any part of the exterior walls and roof of a single family residence are changed; such as, for a screened porch or covered entry, a permit is required.
See below for permit submittal requirements and general information.
- Permit Application Packet - The documents below have been combined into one PDF file.
- Building Permit Application
- Zoning Worksheet – Residential
- Tree Protection Agreement
- Contractor of Record (Contractor License Requirements / Contractor License Application)
Application Fees & Deposits
- Building Construction and Inspection Fee - To be determined based on scope of work
- Permit Application Deposit - $250 (Maximum due at time of permit application submission)
Drawing Requirements (To Be Submitted With Permit Application)
- Civil Drawings - 4 rolled sets - Required only if greater than 400 square feet net increase in impervious surface - see Civil Engineering Submittal Guidelines
- Construction Documents - 4 sets (see Architectural Drawing Requirements)
- Plat of Survey - 3 copies (survey must be sealed and be “to scale”)
Separate Permit RequirementsThe following may occur with the construction of an addition to a single family and require a separate permit:
Construction Submittal RequirementsThe following may apply during the course of construction:
- Permit Revision Application
- Spot/Location Survey Approval Application - Required only if a Zoning Variation was granted
Required InspectionsSee Inspection Information For Single Family Residential Permits (Addition/Alteration) for more information.
- All work must be exposed for any applicable rough inspection
- Final Inspection Checklists - Building, Electrical/Mechanical, Plumbing