Information for Contractors and Resources Related to Issued Building Permits.
- List of Registered Contractors List of contractors currently licensed with the Village (last updated 11-14-18).
- Contractor License Application Application to become a licensed contractor or to renew expired licensing with the Village. License is good for one year from application date.
- General Contractors - $100 General contractors and homeowners acting as general contractor who do not live at the residence undergoing construction.
- Electrical Contractors - $70 Submit copy of valid electrician's license or registration with license application.
- Plumbing/Sewer Contractors - No Fee Submit copy of State of Illinois Plumbing Contractor Registration (055).
- Concrete/Asphalt/Paver Contractors - $70
- Sealcoat Contractors - $70 Submit Contractor's Affidavit of Compliance agreement prohibiting use of coal tar pavement products.
- Please Note: A Village contractor license is not required for for HVAC, Fire Protection, Fence or Sign contractors.
- Credit Card Authorization Form The Village accepts credit card payment on fees up to $10,000 (credit card information cannot be taken over the phone).
- Spot/Location Survey Approval Application Required prior to the start of rough inspections for new single family residences, new multi-family residences and new commercial buildings. (Also required for a single family addition that required a Zoning Board of Appeals approval prior to permit issuance.)
- Civil Engineering As-Built Application Required prior to a final engineering inspection for new single family residences, single family residence additions that required engineering drawings for permit issuance, new multi-family residences and new commercial buildings.
- Change of Contractor Form Any change of contractor that takes place following permit issuance must be completed prior to the commencement of any work by the new contractor. Failure to do so constitutes a violation of the municipal code and will result in a $250 penalty fee, per contractor. If changing a plumbing or water service contractor, please also provide a sealed or notarized plumbing letter of intent signed by the person whose name appears on the contractor's 055.
- Change of Insulation Form Changing from approved batt to spray foam insulation. Coming soon!
- Permit Revision Application Submit the completed form along with three copies of any revised drawings.
- Permit Extension Application Issued permits are valid for 18 months. Should the permitted work be incomplete by the end of the 18-month period, a permit extension is required.
- Certificate of Occupancy Application For Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (Stocking/Furnishings & Training Only), Temporary Certificate of Occupancy and Final Certificate of Occupancy.
- New Single Family Residence
- Single Family Residential (Addition, Alteration, Detached Garage, Electrical, Generator, Plumbing, Shed & Swimming Pool)
- Commercial and Multi-Family Residential
- Final Inspection Checklists
- New Single Family Residence Permits Coming soon!
- Single Family Residence Addition and/or Alteration Permits Coming soon!
- Multi-Family or Commercial Permits Coming soon!