General Construction Reminders
Permitted Construction Hours
Allowable hours for construction noise in the Village include:
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, no construction noise allowed
General Reminders for Scheduling Inspections
- Please view the Cold Weather Concrete Reminders (PDF) concerning construction during the cold weather months.
- Please allow at least 48 hours advance notice prior to scheduling an inspection.
- Make sure that the work to be inspected is complete prior to the inspection. You will be charged a nominal fee for failed inspections, including projects which are not ready when the inspector arrives.
- Make sure all final inspections have been approved before you make final payment to your contractor.
- You must be ready for the inspection. The inspector(s) will not re-inspect your job on the same day. If you are not ready for the first time inspection, you will need to call the office and re-schedule for the following day (if available).
- Approved plans must be available on site, no inspection will be performed without approved plans on site.
- Any major or substantial changes to the scale of the structure, structural design, type of construction, occupancy, or life safety designs that occur to a project are required to undergo a permit revision process. To obtain approval for a variation or revision to your project, please complete and submit a Permit Revision Application (PDF). Three (3) copies of any drawings or materials must be submitted along with this application, and no work is allowed to proceed until a permit revision is approved.
- Work authorized by a permit must begin within 180 days from the date the permit was issued and must be completed within one year of issuance. Work extending beyond these time frames will require a permit extension and approval by the Director of Development and Planning Services. To obtain a permit extension, please complete a Permit Extension Application (PDF).
- For temporary or final Certificate of Occupancy, please submit a Certificate of Occupancy Request (PDF) to the Development and Planning Services Department.