Northbrook Court Shopping Center
APPROVED CHANGES AT NORTHBROOK COURT SHOPPING CENTER
Situated in the Village with easy access from I-94 and I-294, Northbrook Court is a destination for premier shopping on Chicago’s North Shore. The shopping center is one of the largest contributors to the Village’s economy with over 90 businesses located in one convenient area serving visitors on a daily basis. While the center has undergone minor changes over the years, most recently including the installation of a solar array on the roof top, the shopping center will now undergo its largest redevelopment since it was originally constructed.
On June 11, 2019 the Village Board of Trustees adopted the following documents granting approval of Docket No. PCD-18-16 an application for the redevelopment of the western portion of Northbrook Court Shopping Center:
- Ordinance No. 2019-43 Amending the Comprehensive Plan regarding Northbrook Court Shopping Mall
- Ordinance No. 2019-44 Amending the Northbrook Zoning Code regarding the C-4 Regional Shopping District
- Ordinance No. 2019-45 Approving a Redevelopment and Economic Incentive Agreement and Authorizing the Issuance of TIF & Sales Tax Incentives Notes
- Ordinance No. 2019-46 Approving the Northbrook Court Site Plan and Operating Conditions
- Resolution No. 2019-R-90 Approving a Tentative Plat of Subdivision
- Ordinance No. 2019-47 Approving Special Permits for Multi-Family Dwelling Units & a Building Height in Excess of 55 Feet in the C-4 District and a Variation from the Minimum Required Rear Setback
- Ordinance No. 2019-48 Approving a Special Permit for Multiple Principal Structures on a Single Zoning Lot and a Preliminary Development Plan
Together, the above documents allowed for the below depicted redevelopment plan to be approved subject to approval of a Final Plat of Subdivision which was approved in Resolution No. 19-R-143 on October 22, 2019.
The final approved plan consisted of the construction of a free-standing grocer building, two new buildings to accommodate additional restaurant and retail uses, an outdoor plaza, redevelopment of the western end of the existing shopping center, along with a 315-unit luxury apartment building with an indoor parking garage. For details on the application and the public hearing process, you can review Docket No. PCD-18-16.
CURRENT UPDATES ON THE DEMOLITION AND CONSTRUCTION AT NORTHBROOK COURT
The mall operator has filed several building permit applications, including a demolition permit for the Macy’s store. To date, the permit for the demolition of Macy’s has been issued, along with the site work permit.
To date there have been no new tenants named for the redevelopment area, but check back here or Northbrook Court’s website for updates and additional information.
To view a video of the proposed redevelopment plan in 3D click here.