Where can I find the bulk standards (i.e. setback requirements) for my property?
Setback requirements for properties are dependent upon their zoning classification. Once you know your zoning classification for the property, you can view bulk, space and yard standard requirements in the Zoning Code.

For residential zoned properties, simply click on the Article III - Single Family Residential Districts link on the Northbrook Zoning Code webpage. Bulk standards will be located in Section 3 to 110 of the Zoning Code, or page. III-6. Review Zoning Code.

Show All Answers

1. Can I subdivide my residential property?
2. Where can I dispose of sharps / used needles in the Village?
3. Where can I find out the zoning classification of my property?
4. Do building plans need to be drawn by a licensed architect?
5. How do I obtain a building permit?
6. Where can I go to obtain copies of surveys, or historic information on my property?
7. What are the allowable construction hours in the Village?
8. What edition of the building codes has Northbrook adopted?
9. Where can I find the bulk standards (i.e. setback requirements) for my property?
10. What are the regulations for landscaping maintenance (i.e. grass, bushes, trees)?
11. How do I file a complaint?
12. What do I do if I have mold in my rental unit?
13. Can the Development and Planning Services Department recommend contractors?
14. What contractors are required to be licensed?
15. When are inspections available?
16. How do I schedule an inspection?
17. Are inspections required for my project?
18. What is the cost of a building permit?
19. How long will it take to get a building permit?
20. What if my building permit expires?