Yes. The tax on single-use bags does not apply to any bag brought into a store by a customer, nor does it apply to packages containing multiple bags for food storage, garbage, pet waste, or yard waste. Additionally, the tax does not apply to:
- Bags provided by a pharmacist that contain a prescription drug
- Any newspaper bag or bag intended for dry cleaning
- Bags provided at a seasonal event, such as a farmers market, yard sale, etc.
- Bags used to package a bulk item or to wrap a perishable item
- Bags used to package carryout food from a food service establishment