After any repair or other work is done to the water service to your home, please take the following steps as recommended by the American Water Works Association (AWWA) to minimize your exposure to any lead that may have been released.
Flush all your faucets using these steps:
- Remove faucet aerators from all cold water taps in the home.
- Beginning in the lowest level of the home, run the cold water full force at all taps, making sure the drain is clear.
- Let the water run for a least 30 minutes at the last tap you opened (top floor)
- Turn off each tap starting with the taps in the highest level of the home. Be sure to run water in bathtubs and showers as well as faucets.
- Do not consume tap water, run hot water faucets, or use an ice maker or filtered water dispenser until after flushing is complete. If you have a filtered water dispenser, replace the filter after flushing.