It is the goal of the Development & Planning Services Department to ensure that all building permit applications are reviewed within a reasonable timeframe. Consideration of these common plan submission mistakes may ensure that your building permit is reviewed in a timely manner:
- Plans containing Title Blocks are not signed by a licensed design professional.
- Site Plans are not drawn to scale.
- Design loads and standards are omitted from submittal.
- Materials properties are omitted from submittal.
- Smoke detector locations are not included in submittal.
- 2015 Conservation Code requirements are not provided in plans submitted.
- Whole house mechanical ventilation information is not included in submittal.
- Incorrect insulation values are listed on plans.
- Types of insulation, including spray polyurethane foam, are not identified on plans.