Police Officer Lateral Recruitment
The Northbrook Police Department is not currently accepting applications for lateral hiring. Please check back for future opportunities.
New Hire Police Officer Eligibility List
The Village of Northbrook has updated the 2021 Police Officer Eligibility List, which is in effect until August 18, 2023 or until the list of candidates has been exhausted. This list will be finalized, once preference points have been assigned.
The Northbrook Police Department seeks to recruit and hire the most qualified individuals to serve as Northbrook Police Officers. Special emphasis is placed on recruiting applicants that are team players and possess a high degree of maturity and problem solving skills.
As a Northbrook Police Officer, you will serve a community engineered to provide a mixture of areas including residential, commercial and business. Commercial shopping is anchored by The Northbrook Court Shopping Center on the north, Willowfest on the south, Village Square on the east and a number of smaller shopping centers in the center and west side of the Village. Northbrook serves as the corporate home to companies such as Crate and Barrel and also serves as a transportation hub, with both the Edens Expressway and Tri-State Tollway passing through town on the east and west ends. Metra services commuters at our downtown train station. Ease of transportation and ample employment opportunities swell our daytime population from roughly 35,000 to nearly 100,000 people.
There are many benefits of being a Police Officer in the Village of Northbrook. Those include:
- Attractive starting and top pay (see a copy of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement at this link)
- Attractive work schedules that allow you to have every other weekend off
- Current and well maintained equipment
- Good health benefit that allows sick days to be bought back
- ICMA Retirement Investment Account
- Initial uniforms are provided including firearm and body armor
- Officers are represented and covered by a collective bargaining agreement
- Opportunities for career development
- Participation in the Northbrook Police Pension Fund
- Sick days are earned each month and may accumulate to 120 days
- Strong community support
- Uniform allowance is issued each year for replacement and upkeep
- Vacation and Holidays
The Northbrook Police Department provides opportunities for a number of special assignments to support our Officers' career development, including:
- Evidence Technician
- Field Training Officer
- Firearms Instructor/Range Officer
- MCAT Crash Investigator
- NIPAS Emergency Services Team
- NIPAS Mobile Field Force
- NORTAF Burglary Unit
- NORTAF Forensics Unit
- NORTAF Major Case Investigator
- Overweight Truck Enforcement
- Patrol Tactical Officer
- School Resource Officer
- Tactical Mission Team
Any questions about our hiring processes can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.