Northbrook Court Kiosk
Any new permanent kiosk in an open mall is subject to building code requirements (2012 International Building Code-Section 402) and requires a permit application to be submitted for review. Any entity designing/proposing a kiosk should be aware of the governing sections of the building code (see references below), electrical and fire codes as well as any other applicable codes not specifically referenced.
Please note, if you are erecting a kiosks for less than 180 days, you must obtain an Indoor Special Event Permit (PDF) from the Fire Department. Please contact 847-272-2141 for more information.
- Permit Application Packet (PDF) - The documents below have been combined into one PDF file.
- Building Permit Application
- Contractor of Record (Contractor License Requirements / Contractor License Application)
- Products - The applicant must indicate/provide information regarding the products to be sold or services provided
- Flame/Smoke Spread Data - The applicant must provide the flame/smoke spread index information (See IBC 402.6.1 and 402.6.2)
Application Fees & Deposits
- For projects with a structural change - Permit Application Deposit - $250
- For projects without any structural changes - Permit Application Deposit - $100
- Additional fees may apply at time of permit pick-up
Drawing Requirements (To Be Submitted With Permit Application)
- Location Plan - Submit "to scale" mall location plan; indicate dimensions to other kiosks/structures (See IBC Section 402.6.2(3))
- Elevations - Submit elevations of the proposed kiosk
- Electrical Plan - Submit proposed electrical work and indicate the power source (i.e. are the extension cords plugged in to existing receptacles located within the limits of the proposed location?)