For the construction of a retaining wall or change in grade on a property, see below for permit submittal requirements and for general construction information.
- Permit Application Packet - The documents below have been combined into one PDF file.
- Building Permit Application
- Tree Protection Agreement
Application Fees & Deposits
- General Fee for review of required grading plan - $100 (Maximum amount due at time of permit submission)
- Grade Change Construction and Inspection Fee - $65 (Due at time of permit pick-up)
Drawing Requirements (To Be Submitted With Permit Application)
- Civil Drawings (if more than 400 square feet of net increase in impervious surface) - 4 sets (see Civil Engineering Submittal Guidelines for more information)
- Plat of Survey - 3 copies (Note: survey must be “to scale” if used to indicate retaining wall location)
- Site Plan and Cross Section Diagram - 3 copies (Indicate the retaining wall size, location dimensions to property line and height above grade at the lowest grade condition) - See Sample Site Work Site Plan and Sample Cross Section Diagram for assistance
Construction Submittal RequirementsThe following may apply during the course of construction:
Separate Permit RequirementsThe following may occur with the construction of a deck require a separate permit:
- Final Inspection