Special Event Permits
Navigating Application Process
Depending on your event, one or may forms may be necessary. To help you navigate the process, the Village has created packets for each major type of event that occurs in the Village. Please review the options below and select the one that best matches your event. Included in each packet is a letter describing the permits needed for each event type, a flow chart to help you determine which permits you need and fillable forms for each permit type. If you have any questions, please contact the General Government Department at 847-664-4010.
Please note: If your event includes a combination or two or more types of events (for example, a 5K and festival), please use the Carnivals, Festivals or Other Large Public Events packet and discuss each separate component in your application.
- Carnival and Amusement Ride Checklist (PDF)
- Indoor Special Event Checklist (PDF)
- Indoor Vehicle Display Checklist (PDF)
- Notice of Party, Meeting or Gathering
- Outdoor Special Event Checklist (PDF)
- Raffle Permit Application
- Shermer-Walters Public Forum Use and Reservation
- Sidewalk Sale Checklist (PDF)
- Special Event Permit Application (PDF)
- Temporary Food Service Combined Packet (PDF)
- Tent Checklist (PDF)
- Liquor License Application Short Term Class N and Class Q-1